Hamish has over a decade of experience in knowledge exchange and commercialisation. He works with our HE, research organisation and government clients, delivering consultancy, strategy development and training on knowledge exchange and commercialisation (KEC) as well as innovation management.
Hamish is Oxentia’s Director for Policy & Engagement and heads up our work with governments and foundations. His areas of focus include:
- Maximising effective delivery of projects for HE and Government clients;
- Delivering training for KEC professionals and entrepreneurs, Business Development and Operations;
- Supporting the KEC and innovation strategy and delivery for HE and government clients;
- Supporting the commercialisation of individual projects for HE and research organisation clients
Before joining Oxentia in 2021, Hamish was the Head of Data & Evidence at Research England, part of UKRI Research and Innovation. He was responsible for creating England’s first Knowledge Exchange Framework, as well as managing £250m per annum of KE funding and being involved in government policy development related to KE and commercialisation.
Prior to that Hamish managed large, industrially-engaged research projects at the Universities of Bath and Bristol, with a particular focus on their pathways to impact and commercial opportunities arising from them.
- Knowledge Exchange & Commercialisation strategy and delivery
- Data and analysis related to KEC, including data collection, benchmarking and developing metrics.
- Compliance with funding terms and conditions
- Intellectual Property Strategy
- Training in KEC related activity
- For English Universities, advice on the operation of the Higher Education Innovation Fund, HEIF, as well as compliance and data collection.
Education & Training
Hamish holds a PhD in Engineering information management and an MEng (first class Hons) in Manufacturing Engineering, both from the University of Bath. He is a PRINCE2 practitioner and Lean/Six Sigma black belt.