Nathan leads Oxentia’s Training and Professional Development Services. He has 20+ years of experience in research, teaching and administration in Higher Education.
Nathan is broadly interested in Higher Education in international contexts with a particular interest in delivering effective training and development to support institutions to foster innovation and entrepreneurship whilst also optimising knowledge exchange and commercialisation processes. Nathan works with clients from research institutions and companies in the Middle East, South-East Asia and greater China, helping them build capacity through training and sustainably manage their innovative technologies.
He is a biological scientist by training and, before joining Oxentia, he held the national role of Discipline Lead for Biological Sciences with the Higher Education Academy, undertaking consulting, training, and advisory work with large and diverse HE communities from across the disciplines within Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. He previously worked for a number of years in academic and degree leadership capacities within the Department of Zoology at the University of Oxford. Earlier research roles included substantive posts at the École Normale Supérieure (Paris) and the Sorbonne Université Pierre et Marie Curie.
Nathan is always looking for creative ways to teach and learn and has developed two proprietary games for Oxentia: IP Ventures, which focuses on upskilling learners in Intellectual Property Rights; and Pharma Ventures, which focuses on commercialisation of products in the pharmaceutical sector. He works closely with colleagues across the business to undertake curriculum development for both set and custom training programmes and courses.
- Knowledge Exchange and Commercialisation Training
- Innovation Management
- Higher Education
- Transnational Education
- Institutional Creation and Change
- Mentoring & Coaching
- Business Planning & Value Propositions
- Pitching for Entrepreneurs
- RTTP, Registered Technology Transfer Professional (2016)
- FRSB, Fellow of the Society of Biology (2011)
- PFHEA, Principal Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (2013)
- FRES, Fellow of the Royal Entomological Society (2006)
- P.G. Dip. LATHE (Learning and Teaching in Higher Education), University of Oxford. (2006)
- Ph.D., Department of Zoology, University of Cambridge. (2002)
- M.Sc., School of Biological Sciences, University of Sydney. (1998)
- B.Sc. (Hons I), Faculty of Science, University of Sydney. (1997)