Sam specialises in entrepreneurship, technology commercialisation and mentoring support.
As a former Technology Transfer Manager and experienced entrepreneur herself, Sam is well positioned to help clients navigate the start up process, from building the initial value proposition to securing funding and assembling the right team.
Sam has worked with both academic and industrial clients in sectors as diverse as direct-to-consumer genetic testing, pharmaceuticals, astrobiology and consumer goods. Her role within Oxentia includes:
1) Invention capture and technology assessment, including IP portfolio review and prioritisation;
2) Supporting the innovation process through provision of bespoke services including market assessments, IP landscaping and competitor analysis;
3) Providing training and mentoring support to innovators and technology transfer professionals in the areas of entrepreneurship and technology commercialisation.
Having founded two companies in the past 8 years and taking the latter through multiple funding rounds including series A, she has experience across a wide range of commercial activities.
Sam believes strongly in the benefits of mentoring support throughout the commercialisation process and has been an invited speaker on the subject numerous times. In 2018, she received the Alumna of the Year award from the University of Birmingham to recognise both her entrepreneurial successes, and also the positive role she is playing in supporting the development of young people through training and mentoring, including her role as an ALMP mentor on the prestigious University of Birmingham Alumni Leadership Mentoring Programme (ALMP).
Sam is a keen sportswoman and represented the University of Birmingham Women’s Football Club in BUSA as player and captain during her PhD. More recently, she enjoys running to keep fit and has also taken up netball, playing in the Oxfordshire league for her local club, Bicester Bullets.
- Start ups
- Technology transfer and commercialisation
- Intellectual Property
- Fund raising
- Training and mentoring
- Medici Fellowship in Technology Transfer
- Ph.D. (Genetics), University of Birmingham, UK
- BSc Biological Sciences (Genetics) – 1st class (Hons), University of Birmingham, UK