An exciting opportunity to join Oxentia as a senior consultant, proving knowledge exchange & commercialisation consultancy and training for global clients. In return we offer up to 50k (depending on experience) + generous pension, bonus scheme, private medical insurance, and a positive and inclusive company culture.
Oxentia Ltd is a successful global innovation consultancy with an annual turnover of over £3m, a team of 25+ highly skilled consultants, and is a key part of Oxford’s innovation ecosystem. Oxentia delivers services to a worldwide customer base of public and private sector clients in over 70 countries.
We are seeking an additional Senior Consultant to join our team, to work predominantly in the Higher Education (HE) sector in the UK and internationally. Working closely with Oxentia’s Senior Management Team and project managers, the Senior Consultant will ensure that our HE services are designed and delivered to the highest standard, delivering exceptional value to our clients.
We offer a broad range of services for our HE clients, including:
- Knowledge Exchange and Commercialisation strategy and management, including interim support
- Innovation Strategy & management
- Training delivery, including ATTP accredited courses
- Programme management
- Student entrepreneurship
- Specialist advice and training on commercialisation of social sciences, arts & humanities (SSAH) subjects.
The key responsibilities of the role are listed below. The list is not exhaustive, and the successful candidate will be expected to complete tasks reasonably requested by their line manager. If you’re unsure whether you’d be a good fit, please get in touch for a chat!
Managing and Delivering Consulting & Project Management Activities
- Ensure that personal and team consultancy assignments are delivered to the client’s satisfaction.
- Consistently demonstrate a high level of enthusiasm and engagement with clients
- Ensure that all project plans are developed according to ‘time, quality and cost’ planning, and then delivered according to the project plan.
Managing & Supporting Business Development
- Lead in the identification, development and maintenance of key strategic relationships and partnerships within the HE sector.
- Manage key accounts which are won, kept and grown year on year.
- Make regular visits to prospective new clients. These may include trips overseas and may occasionally include weekends.
- Ensure that a consistent pipeline of potential work is being developed, is well monitored and transparent within the team.
Customer & Stakeholder Satisfaction
- Ensure that there is a consistently high level of customer satisfaction, and that feedback is being sought from clients.
- Seek to solve client problems and demonstrate a high level of initiative in seeking to serve clients, and actively look for new ways to improve client satisfaction.
- Liaise with other members of the Senior Management Team on team activity and advise/provide support where appropriate.
- Contribute to the formulation and execution of the company strategy with a set of measurable and time-phased goals each year.
- Help ensure that the company strategy maximises Oxentia consulting and training revenue and can be delivered profitably, whilst protecting the interests of Oxentia, and building good relationships with clients.
- Contribute to our product development process, product delivery, and the provision of good practice delivery in your sector, ensuring that there is a high-level of buy-in.
Skills and Experience
|Experience of working within a Higher Education or Research Institute setting, in a knowledge exchange, commercialisation or impact-related role
|Experience of KEC strategy development and delivery in a Higher Education institution|
|Familiarity with the UK’s research and knowledge exchange funding and policy landscape||Knowledge of specific KE reporting requirements, such as HE-BCI and KEF, and administration of KE funding such as IAAs and HEIF (or equivalent in other UK nations)
|Experience of facilitating relationships with external partners such as business, industry, or the public or third sectors to deliver impact from academic research
|Track record of initiating and managing strategic partnerships between academia and industry|
|Strong project management skills, including planning and delivering projects to agreed time, cost and quality targets||A project management qualification such as PRINCE2, MSP etc.|
|Experience of working as part of a team||Managing or co-ordinating the work of others|
|Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presenting to a variety of audiences||Experience of delivering training and development to academic and professional services staff|
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the reference Ox33. The closing date for applications is Friday 5th May 2023. Interviews will be held around the week beginning 15th May 2023. Strictly no agencies.
Salary for these positions is commensurate with experience and will be up to £50k pa for a full-time role. Additional benefits include private medical insurance, bonus, a generous pension scheme and a positive and inclusive and social company culture.
Oxentia Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.