Delivered online in five x three hour training sessions, the Commercialising Software and Digital Know-how course is provides an in-depth exploration of practical methods, tools and techniques for shaping a commercially viable, market-led proposition in this challenging and rapidly evolving sector. Topics covered include:
- What is software?
- Assessing and protecting software
- Taking software to Market:
- Start-up business models
- Start-up market research and pricing
- Start-up fundraising
- Pitching a software project to investors
- Sector case studies
Who should attend?
- Knowledge Exchange and Commercialisation professionals working in Universities or Research Institutes
- Founders of high tech start ups
- Professionals working in Public Sector Research & Innovation
- Technology Transfer Managers
- Managers and facilitators of Digital Incubators or Accelerators
Training sessions are three hours every day for five days.
We will be using Zoom to deliver the course, with a combination of dedicated training time and break-out groups. To attend the course, you will be access to the following:
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam – built-in or USB plug-in
- Or, a HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card
You can find Zoom’s full system requirements here. Please check that your organisations IT setup allows the use of Zoom.
Accreditation and Certification
This course is accredited by the Alliance of Technology Transfer Professionals (ATTP) to provide 15 Continuing Education points which can be used when applying for professional recognition as a Registered Technology Transfer Professional (RTTP).
- 15 hours of interactive online teaching across five days
- Access to slides and reference materials (electronic or otherwise) via our online learning platform, Oxentia Enhance
- An Oxentia certificate of completion
- 15 Continuing Education points accredited by the Alliance of Technology Transfer Professionals (ATTP)