An exciting opportunity to join a growing innovation consultancy that provides innovation management, commercialisation services, entrepreneurship support and training for global clients.
Oxentia Ltd is a successful global innovation consultancy with an annual turnover of over £3.5m, a team of 25+ highly skilled consultants, and is a key part of Oxford’s innovation ecosystem. Oxentia delivers services to a worldwide customer base of public and private sector clients in over 70 countries.
We are looking for a new Senior Consultant to join our team, working to provide entrepreneurship and accelerator services to university, public, and private sector clients in the UK and around the world.
Working closely with project managers and reporting to the Head of Entrepreneurship, the Senior Consultant will ensure that the entrepreneurship and accelerator services provided by Oxentia are designed and delivered to the highest standard, adhering to international best practice.
Core activities will include:
- Design of entrepreneurship support programmes for clients across sectors
- Design of accelerator programmes for clients and for Oxentia’s own accelerator activities
- Day-to-day implementation of entrepreneurship support and accelerator programmes, which includes:
- Design and delivery of capacity building and training modules, ranging from basic business modelling to advanced investment readiness training.
- Design and management of entrepreneur mentoring programmes
- Design and delivery of investor and partnership demo days
- Monitoring of programme performance against KPIs
- Reporting to clients
- Business development activities in the entrepreneurship and innovation programmes sector.
The projects we deliver for our clients are bespoke and unique so the list above is intended as indicative and not exhaustive. At Oxentia we strongly believe in teamwork and expect colleagues to lend a hand, contributing with their expertise to the successful delivery of work. The role is likely to involve national and international travel.
The successful Consultant/Senior Consultant will bring to the Oxentia team:
- Creativity and curiosity to learn about new markets, technologies, and business models
- A demonstrable interest in innovation and entrepreneurship, startups, investment, or new technology commercialisation
- The ability to communicate with a multitude of stakeholders at different levels, from senior academics to CEOs of private companies and government representatives
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
Not essential but preferred:
- Involvement and experience contributing to an internationally recognised entrepreneurship and innovation initiative, such as a startup incubator or accelerator programme
- Working knowledge of a second language (preference for Spanish)
- Involvement and experience in setting up or running a technology-based startups or spinouts, including raising investment and bringing products to market
- Experience attending relevant courses or training programmes
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com, quoting the reference Ox032. Closing date for applications is midnight 10th May 2023. First round interviews will be held starting 15th May 2023. Strictly no agencies.
Salary for these positions is commensurate with experience and will be in the range of £46,000 – £54,000 (Senior Consultant) for a full-time role. Benefits include private medical insurance, a yearly bonus based on company and individual performance, and a generous pension scheme.
Oxentia Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.